Prescott, Arizona is a peaceful city with a population of just 40,000. But this tranquil city is anything from boring. During the summer months, this medium sized city has many events that brings out lots of the local residents and tourists from around the area. In August, the city heats up with many different events that are family friendly and tons of fun. Prescott, Arizona is a great place to call home and if you are looking to move then you might want to consider this wonderful area of the state. Below is a list of events that are coming this August.
1. The Bubble Bash 5K – For those families that like to stay active, the Bubble Bash 5K is a wonderful event that is going to take place on August 1st. The 5K run starts near Mile High School. Along the route several colored bubble station will be set up and is a great way to have some fun while staying fit. Half of all the running fees will be given to Leap Pad who sponsors activities for area teens.
2. 41st Prescott Antique Watson Lake Car Show – If you and your family are into classic cars then this is the event for you. Members of the area’s car club bring out their best cars to show off and everyone is invited to attend. The car show is held at the beautiful Watson Lake Park just off Highway 89, which is north of the city. There will be plenty of vendors at the event and lots of good eats. The show takes place August 2nd from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM and only cost five dollars to get in for those over the age of 16.
3. The Summer Concert Series – If you love outdoor music, why not come out to the courthouse plaza on August 4th at 6:30 PM? This live music event will feature “Bill West Quintet,” a Jazz group with a really smooth sound. Remember to come early to get a great seat.
4. The 65th Annual Fine Art & Crafts Festival – For those who like crafting and fine arts this event will really put a smile on your face. This two-day event which starts on August 8th at 9 AM to 5 PM is a great place to bring the family for a day of art fun. The second day of fun is on August 9th and runs for 9 Am to 5 PM. This weekend long event is a great opportunity to meet local artists. The event is completely free and open to the public.
5. Bug-A-Boo Bliss – This is a family fun event designed with the kids in mind. On August 21st at 4:30 PM, families can come to the Highlands Center for Natural History for a super cool evening. The event will be kicked off with a puppet show that focuses on teaching younger kids about the insect world. There will be lots of other fun activities for children of all ages. So bring the kids out for an evening of learning and fun.
As you can see Prescott, Arizona is a family friendly city with tons of fun things to do with the kids. There are plenty of events for adults as well and the area has a booming economy and plenty of jobs. So if you are thinking of relocating to another part of the country or if you already live in the state, this is the perfect city to raise a family. Finding that perfect home to put your roots down will be easy because there are many fine homes that are on the market right now. If you’d like to find out more about Prescott or available property contact the Tim Eastman group.